Saturday, December 03, 2011

My Dance I Class Performance

This year, my teaching schedule changed. They needed me to teach a few more dance classes - Dance I, Dance II, and another section of Social Dance. I said I was ok doing that.

It had been quite a few years since I had taught Dance I. I think the last time I taught it was probably 16 or 17 year ago! Wow! I loved teaching it at Payson, but as the program grew, the other teacher took over the classes and they needed me to teach more business classes.

So, anyway, this year at Maple Mountain I would be teaching Dance I again. It was weird at first and I had to get used to wearing clothes to dance in every other day to school. I was used to changing into my "business teacher" clothes after drill each day. I also had to choreograph and prepare dance lessons. But, I have really enjoyed teaching dance again this year.

My Dance I class had the opportunity to perform twice. First we performed in the Dance Company's Christmas Concert. It was a short program of the dances that they had taught at their dance camp. I choreographed a dance called "Song for a Winter's Night". I borrowed these white sparkly dance tops from my aunt Lisa. They worked perfect for the dance!
My Dance I Class - 1st Term 2011-12

Fun/crazy pose
Second semester I will be teaching Dance II. My goal this year is to help build the dance department at MMHS. Even if I only teach these classes for this year. So far that has happened because I only had 10 girls signed up for Dance II and now there are 23!

No comments: