Wednesday, December 07, 2011

My Birthday - December 7th

So, when I was younger, and "older" people woudn't know how old they were or they would have to think about how old they were, I couldn't believe that! I just thought they were lying or just didn't really want to remember how old they were or something.

Well, now, that is how it is for me! I seriously have to "do the math" and figure out how old I am going to be on each birthday! I think it is because I'm in denial or something? I still think I am in my twenties, but then I look in the mirror and I know I'm not still in my twenties! HA HA

My birthday this year was on a Wednesday. My day started off pretty basic and normal. I got up and went to drill and school. The drill team officers brought breakfast and they sang to me the "Elleve birthday song" and gave me some slippers, scarf, gloves, lotion, and a Fleur de Les necklace. Actually each girl on the team gets one of the necklaces for their birthday too!

Then later that day, during my computer technology class, a parent from the PTA, the Principal and Assistant Principal came in and had my class sing to me and they gave me a card and some M&Ms. The PTA gave me some balloons and a treat bag with my three favorite candy bars - 100 Grand, Symphony bar (blue label), and Reese's. The card from the Principal had two movie passes in it.

After school, we had drill practice, and one of the team's mom brought birthday cupcakes with a special German chocolate one with coconut pecan icing for me, so the team and I celebrated my birthday again!

It had been a fun-filled day at school. So, that night, after Scott got off work, we headed over to Red Robin for dinner. I know, nothing special, but it is what sounded good to me. I love their fries and fry sauce!

We usually have our server take a picture, but I forgot, so we took this picture ourselves just outside of Red Robin. They are dark and not the best pictures, but I wanted to post them to remember this day.


Kendrick, me and Scott

No comments: