Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Party at the Nielson's

My sister Paula had a Christmas party for all of us Mangelson's at her house on Wednesday, December 21, 2011. We all helped contribute to the meal and we all brought a "white elephant" gift for the gift exchange game.

Paula also had cupcakes and frosting, etc. for the kids to decorate. Here are some pics of the cupcake decorating:
KendrickRyan and Jake
After dinner, we had the gift exchange. We took turns opening a gift and then you could trade what someone else had already opened or open a gift.
The Ropers opening their gift.Madeline, opening the gift for the Eyres.It was a zen garden and a large candy stick!Annie opened an elephant!My mom got the ultimate teacher's gift, complete with a 2011 calendar!
Then we played Just Dance on the Wii. It was so much fun--I had heard of it, but I hadn't ever played it! Kendrick had a great time too, showing off his "drill team" dancing skills complete with vocals. He kicks and says "Yeah!" as he kicks. It is funny. Paula said, "I think Kendrick has been to a few too many drill team practices!" HA HA I didn't get any pics, but you can look at my sister Annie's blog--she posted some pics!
We had a great time and ended the party by watching Casey's light show from our car just before we drove home.
Thanks Paula, Casey and family for a great party!

No comments: