Friday, December 16, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

On Friday, December 16, 2011, our ward had their Christmas party. I didn't have a MMHS basketball game to attend, so we decided to go. I did, however, have practice after school that went until 5 p.m., but I didn't get out of the school until 5:45. I had Kendrick with me, so we had to hurry home so I could change my clothes and then Scott was going to leave work and stop by and pick us up.

Well, since I was running late, Scott had to wait for me to change and then we headed over to the party. It was at the Stake center. They were having a ham and baked potato bar dinner and then Santa was making an appearance.

We met Annie, Jim, and their boys there and sat with them. It was a pretty good dinner--at least we didn't have to cook!

Santa soon made his appearance and everyone lined up to sit on his lap. We were kinda slow to get in line, so we were pretty much at the end of the line. Kendrick had been having a good time basically running around all night! He isn't shy to go up to people and so he was having a great time.

Kendrick had sat on Santa's lap once before at the Provo Towne Center Mall. He wasn't scared or anything, he just sat there and stared at Santa's face. Well, this time, he wasn't too thrilled to see Santa. I think he just wanted to get down and run around some more!

Scott took some pictures with his phone, so they are not the best pics, but here they are:
Kendrick, starting to throw his fit!Looking Santa in the eye - deciding if he wants to stay there or not.He sat there for a few seconds, got his candy cane, and then he wanted out of there!
We had a good time and I think that was the first ward Christmas party I have been able to attend in years! I usually have a basketball game or a drill team competition.

No comments: