Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

For Thanksgiving this year, we went down to my parent's house in Levan for dinner. Most of my mom's side of the family all come and contribute to the dinner. My mom does the turkey and potatoes and everyone else brings vegetables, side dishes, salads, and desserts.

We took the green bean casserole again and the 7-Layer dip and chips. There was a lot of yummy food--especially this new "salad" that my cousin Jakoye brought. It had blueberry pie filling and banana pudding and it was delicious! One of those salads that is more like a dessert.

When we first arrived, I wanted to get a picture of us. My brother's wife, Eli, volunteered to come take a few shots out on my parent's front porch. We had a hard time getting Kendrick to cooperate as you can see.
Hollie, Kendrick, Me, Scott, and Amanda
My cousin Jakoye also brought a craft for the kids to make. It was some cute pilgrims that used plastic spoons for the face/body. Here are some pics of the kids making their crafts:
Sophie, Max, and Grandma - (my mom)KeatonNick and JaKoyeSophie making her pilgrim.Amy and Jason - relaxing after dinner.Katie, Eli, and CharlieAbbey and Zayla
Thanksgiving is always a great time to visit with family and to also reflect on all of our blessings. I'm very grateful for my family and I have a lot of things to be thankful for this year!

No comments: