Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween Events

I love celebrating holidays and Halloween is one of my favorites! I still love to dress up, so I'm glad I have an excuse to do so at my drill team's Halloween party! Anyway, this post has pics from most of the Halloween activities we did during the month of October, with the exception of the annual Pumpkin Party at Grandpa Mangelson's. We lost some pics or they were somehow deleted from the card in our camera? Anyway, I don't have pics from the party. I'm hoping to get some from one of my sisters, but I haven't done that yet.
So, here are the fun things we did during the month of October:
First, on October 15th, I went with my mom and sisters to "Witch's Night Out" at Gardner Village. We went out to eat to celebrate Paula and Emilee's birthdays too. We met and did a little shopping first and then ate at Pei Wei. Then we headed down to Gardner Village. It was packed as usual. A lot of people, with 90% of them dressed as witches! It is fun to walk around and see the displays and do a little shopping in the fun shops they have at Gardner Village.
After we had got our fill of Witch's Night Out, we decided we needed a little something sweet. So we drove up to The Cheesecake Factory for some of their delicious cheesecake. We had a fun time talking and laughing!
Here we are at Witch's Night Out - my sister Annie gave me this pic.
On October 22 was the annual Pumpkin Party at Grandpa Mangelson's house in Levan. But, I lost my pictures from this event. Stay tuned for pics soon--that is if I can get some from one of my sisters!
On October 27, we had our annual drill team Halloween party. This year we went to Fat Cats in Provo and went bowling and had dinner at Costa Vida, which is inside Fat Cats. We dressed up, of course!
Fat Cats was all ready for us and even had a sign and some balloons in our school colors. They did a great job putting it all together and the girls had a great time.
The team and I in our costumes.
The sign they had for us!
Different decades of drill team and cheer outfits!
Neisha, on the left, is wearing her mom's drill team warm up from Spanish Fork drill team in 1996, (I think she said). Shalee, in the middle, is wearing her mom's cheer outfit from 1984, and then I dressed up in my drill team outfit from 1986. Everything is the original stuff, except my pants--couldn't fit into them anymore! I even wore my school ring and my paisley Swatch watch!
Playing Ms. Pacman in the arcade - something I liked to do in the 80s too!
On Saturday, October 29, Scott and I planned on taking Kendrick down to trick or treat on Spanish Fork main street. The Chamber of Commerce does a trick or treat thing from 1 - 3 p.m. and you can trick or treat at certain stores. Well, we get Kendrick dressed up and headed down to main street. Kendrick fell asleep before we got down to main street. So, I didn't know if we would get him out or not.
Well, when we got to main street, we saw the crowd--it was very large and there is a long line going from store to store. We decided it wasn't worth it--especially since Kendrick is only one and didn't really need candy, we just wanted to do something festive with him.
We decided to drive out to the Red Barn in Santaquin. They have a pumpkin patch, hay ride, and a fun little store we could check out. We didn't go on the hay ride, we just walked around and then got some apple cider doughnuts from the bakery in the store. They were delicious!
Kendrick and Scott in front of the Red Barn.Kendrick dressed up in a dalmatian dog costume that I got from one of my drill team girl's mom.
Kendrick thought it was fun - well, at least I think he thought it was fun!
Kendrick, the dalmatian.Kendrick and Scott
On Halloween night, Scott had put a "dinner in a pumpkin" meal in the oven before he went to work. Scott had to work until 7 p.m., so Kendrick and I hung out at home. We carved a pumpkin and took some pictures - these are some that we lost too!
We then had some dinner in the pumpkin - it was really good. It was a different recipe than what we had used before. Then I put Kendrick in his costume. He was going to be a frog to trick or treat in this time. We waited for Scott to come home and then we went trick or treating to a few houses in our ward/neighborhood.
Kendrick the FrogShowing us "So Big".Cute little frog!Trick or treat bucket in hand, ready to go!We had several choices of costumes to put on Kendrick. He could have been a bumble bee or a giraffe too! I was going to dress up as Cruella Deville, but couldn't find a costume. So, we dressed him up as the dalmatian dog on Saturday and then the frog on Halloween night. I thought the frog costume was so cute! I'm so lucky to have sisters and friends that have great costumes to let me borrow!
Well, now on to the next holiday - Thanksgiving. I love this holiday too! I have so much to be grateful for this year. I also love the break and Thanksgiving dinner, of course!

No comments: