Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ute Stampede 2009 - Friday

As a kid growing up in Levan, I looked forward to the Ute Stampede. It is Nephi's three-day celebration with parades, City of Fun carnival, and the rodeo. I liked it, because I lived in Levan, and I had a lot of friends that lived in Nephi and Mona. During the stampede, you could see all of your friends at the rodeo or carnival. I have a lot of fun memories from the annual Ute Stampede. I love it! It is still a good time to see friends that I have not seen for years. Scott calls it a big Juab High reunion. He is right--I do get to see a lot of my classmates and friends. I love to just walk around the carnival and see who is there.

On Friday, I went down and went to lunch with my friend Melanie. I haven't see her for years! She lives in Arizona now. She was up staying with her parents that still live in Nephi. We had a good time catching up and just talking about the good ol' days! Here is a picture of Melanie and I:
After lunch, we went to watch the "Mammoth Parade". Here is my mom--she is "co-pilot" on the wagon. She is a former Ute Stampede Rodeo Queen. All of the former royalty rode in the parade. It was the 75th Annual Ute Stampede, so they recognized all of the former royalty.
A closer shot:

My dad rode through the parade in this old Highway Patrol car. He is the passenger.


My aunt Judy was also a former Ute Stampede Rodeo Queen. Here they are--the rodeo queen sisters!



Later on, we all went to the rodeo. Here we are--our seats were in the new section of covered bleachers that they added to the arena this year. They were very nice!




Before the rodeo started, they had all of the former rodeo queens come out. This picture isn't that great--I hope to get some from my sister. She has a better camera!


Scott and Cheri--enjoying the rodeo!

No comments: