Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mangelson Family Reunion


My parents planned a "Mangelson Family Reunion" at the Levan park on July 25, 2009. July 25 was my grandma Vivian Mangelson's birthday. We had not met with the Mangelson side of the family for a long time. Both of my grandparents have passed away and my dad only has two sisters.

We had a lot of good food! My dad made marinated turkey and dutch oven potatoes. He also had some fresh green beans from his garden--yum! We all brought salads, fruit, and desserts. It was all so delicious! We were very full from all of the good food.

We took some pictures of all who were there. Here they are.

My Aunt Mary, my dad - Paul, and Nancy --sitting in age order.


PAUL MANGELSON FAMILY:

Amanda, Scott, and Molly (Mangelson) Brenchley
We are missing Kaycee & Jason Holloway and Hollie Brenchley.


Jackson, Amy (Mangelson) Roper - holding Keaton, Hayden, and Jason Roper

Casey, Zach, Cade, Sophie, Paula (Mangelson) Nielson - holding Nick.


Joseph, Emilee (Mangelson) - holding Ethan, Dallin, & Madeline Eyre


Eliana and Charlie Mangelson - holding Max.

Jim - holding Ryan, and Annie (Mangelson) Nielson - holding Jake


MARY MANGELSON MATHEWS FAMILY:

Vaughn, Mary, Emmy, Vicky - holding Logan, (their grandson) and Rick Mathews.
My Aunt Mary has five boys, but only Rick was able to make it.

NANCY MANGELSON MCPHERSON FAMILY:

Louie, Ben, Vivian - holding Louie, Jr., Nancy, Zoey, and Betsy.
It was good to meet with everyone again. My mom has already reserved the Levan Park for next year so we can keep the tradition going.

Uncle Vaughn, Aunt Mary, my dad, my mom, and Nancy


After the Mangelson Reunion, we headed into Nephi to my Aunt Judy's house. We had another family party to attend. This time on my mom's side of the family. My cousin LeeAnn Taylor and her husband and kids were in town from Atlanta, Georgia for a visit, so my Aunt had a little get together so we could all visit and see them while they were here in town.

We had some more good food and played a little bit of volleyball. We didn't take too many pictures, I think I was too busy visiting! Here is picture-a little blurry--of volleyball:

My cousin LeeAnn and her husband Tod.
I didn't get a picture of their girls.
It was good to see everyone and hang out and talk. You gotta love summer and family reunions! It just isn't summer without going to at least one.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Wow -- I look like I'm crazy in my family's picture. It was a good day. . .but a long one!