Sunday, July 05, 2009

Celebrating the 4th of July

This year to celebrate the 4th of July, I knew I would have to work at the Stadium of Fire on the actual 4th of July, so we went down to Levan and stayed over at my parent's house and went boating on July 3rd with Paula, Casey, and their kids, Emilee, Joseph and their kids, and then me, Scott, and Amanda. We had a great time. We went in the evening, so the weather was perfect and the water was pretty calm. Here is Scott and I enjoying the boat ride:

Cade Nielson
Scottie
Cade, Dallin, and Zach.
Scott, resting on the shore, after taking Sophie over from the boat, Amanda, and Casey.
Amanda getting ready to knee board.
Amanda knee boarding!

Paula and Casey took more family members out to boat again on the morning of July 4th. Scott and I stayed home and helping my mom and dad get food ready for the dinner later that day. We also had to leave around 3 so we could get to the stadium on time for the Stadium of Fire.
I wasn't really excited about working at it, but what could I do? BYU Concessions requires groups that want to work the football season to work the Stadium of Fire, so I was forced to be there. My MMHS Drill Team will be working all of the home BYU football games this season.
Here are some of the drill team girls that volunteered to work at it.
It was worth it for them, I guess, they were able to see the Jonas Brothers as they were leaving from their sound check/rehearsal. They all have pictures on their phones of them. They were less than an arm's length away from us. I didn't even know it was them-shows you how much I am "into" the Jonas Brothers!
All and all it was a fun July 4th. I'm always a little bit sad when the 4th of July is over. It means school is just around the corner--summer is almost half over!








No comments: