Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kendrick's First Easter

Our Easter festivities began with frosting sugar cookies on Friday when I got home from school. We were going to take them to the Jackson Family Easter Egg hunt the next day. So, I put Kendrick in his "bumbo" chair so he could see what was going on while I frosted the cookies.
Well, as I was frosting, Kendrick started to get hungry, so I went over to the pantry to get him some food. I had just moved the cookies, and so they were in Kendrick's reach now, but I forgot that I had done that! Anyway, I turned back around to this:In that short amount of time, Kendrick had grabbed two cookies! He had mashed up one in his hands!
I grabbed my camera and took some pictures. He was having fun playing with the smashed cookie. He even licked his fingers a little and liked what he was tasting! Oh well, he only ruined two cookies--and I learned a valuable lesson, don't leave the cookies in Kendrick's reach!On Saturday, April 23rd, we woke up and got ready to go down to Nephi for the egg hunt. Here is Kendrick in his bunny ears!This is one of his Easter outfits too.
Cute little bunny on the bum!Kendrick is ready for his first egg hunt!Here we are at Aunt Judy's house. We had to meet in the garage! It was raining, of course! This has been a really wet spring. So, Judy set up some tables in the garage to accommodate everyone. We decided to go out and find all of the eggs first. Each child has an assigned number and the same amount of eggs to find.Cade Nielson and some of the other kids out finding eggs!Kendrick and I starting the egg hunt.
Cold and rainy--but still out finding our eggs!Going through our eggs and seeing what we got!
We headed back home after the egg hunt and got all set up to color eggs! Here we are:
Kendrick was in his jammies while we colored and decorated some eggs.Kendrick watching as the eggs are in the dye.Kendrick, getting a little bit tired!Kendrick liked the one we made with his name on it.Kendrick's first colored Easter egg!Here's Kendrick with his Easter basket on Easter morning.Scott and Kendrick, after finding all of the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid!Kendrick, acting like he is ready to crawl!
After finding all of the eggs, we had breakfast and got ready for church.

No comments: