Sunday, May 22, 2011

Katie's Blessing Day

On Sunday, April 10th, we went to Sandy to my brother Charlie's ward so we could see Katie's blessing. Their sacrament meeting started at 9 a.m., so we had to leave early. I was tired, because my drill team had helped with a big dance competition the night before and I had got home kinda late. So, we left that morning in a hurry. I put my make up on during the drive up.

We rushed into the church and I had my purse with me, so I just set it on the floor and pushed it back as far as I could. I didn't think about it--I think because I don't usually take me purse with me to church, but since we were in Sandy, I brought my purse with me.

After sacrament meeting, my sister Annie took a few pictures. Here is one of Charlie, Eli, Baby Katie, and Max.

Well, we all walked out to our cars and this is what I saw when I walked up to my car:
At first, I was confused, I didn't know what was on the ground. I thought it was ice--then I looked up and noticed that my car didn't have a passenger window! It was my car window on the ground! And then I knew, my purse was probably stolen--which it was!

I was in a state of shock, and I wasn't sure what to do. We called the police and then I got Scott's credit card from his wallet and started calling to cancel my card. When I called, they told me that a purchase had been made at a Tesoro gas station in Murray at about 10:02 a.m. That was not me--so whoever had stolen my purse had already used my card! They cancelled the card and all of my accounts were frozen. I had to start remembering what was in my purse and try to cancel what I could. What a big pain!


I had no make up, because that was in my purse since I was putting it on on the way up. My digital camera was in it, my I-Touch, because it had the address to the church on it, my cell phone, and my wallet. There were also lots of coupons, some gift cards that I hadn't used yet. And then just the meaningless stuff that you have in your purse, but it means something to you. Plus my purse I had just got for Christmas! I was so mad! I wanted to find out who took it!


We looked around the church and soon the police came and got some info. We told them about the Tesoro gas station that they had used the card at and they said they would check into that. But, really in cases like this, I probably wouldn't be seeing my things again!


Well, we went to the blessing dinner and I spent most of the time on the phone trying to cancel more of my credit cards and wondering what I was going to do. It was Spring Break, what a way to start!


We taped a piece of cardboard to the window and drove home. The next day, they came and put a new window in the car and I went and started to get new ID, etc. A few days later, I got a message on Facebook from a girl that I didn't know. She told me that her brother had found my wallet in the gutter. It was about 2 blocks up from the Tesoro where the person who stole my purse had used my Visa card. There were a few things still in the wallet--mainly my ID, which is how she knew my name. She tried to look me up on the Internet, but we don't have a home phone, so she didn't have any luck. So, she search my name on Facebook and I came right up. We met at her work and she gave me the wallet. There wasn't much in it, but oh well!


I'm still suffering the effects of having my purse stolen. There is always some things that I think I have and then I remember that it was in my purse that was stolen! It is so frustrating! I wish I knew who did it. Or maybe it is better that I don't know!

No comments: