Monday, May 30, 2011

BDT Officer Retreat

On May 13 - 14, 2011, me, Kendrick, and my new drill team officers for next year went to the first ever BDT Officer Retreat. It was held up at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, Utah. I usually do an officer retreat on my own, but we decided to attend BDT's officer retreat and see what it was all about.

We had a great time and got some great ideas for the upcoming year and also some things we are going to instill as new traditions for our drill team. Two of the officers were not able to come up, so here are the five girls that were able to go to the camp:
I had them pose for this picture right after they had a master class from this really awesome teacher. I think her first name was Caroline? But I'm not sure. She was from South Carolina. Shalee, the second girl from the left, had been in a head on car accident that day! She was luckily okay and still came up for a little bit of the officer retreat. She went home that night and then came back up the next morning.
The teacher of the master class with the girls.
Making cute covers for our officer binders. Kaitlynn made one for me!
Here we are the next morning in the classes!
They played a game, where each girl had a balloon tied to their foot and you had to pop other people's balloons and not get your own balloon popped.
Having fun while waiting for the game to begin.

The officers with Nikki--one of the BDT Staff.

We had a great time at the officer retreat. I'm really glad that we went. I can't wait to get going with the new team and try some of the fun ideas that we learned about.

I'm just learning how to use my new i-phone and so I videoed a little bit at the officer camp. I'm posting a couple of clips. One is of the game they played with the balloons and then a small clip from the improv they did at the end of the master class. The teacher came over and was interacting with Makayla. I only caught a little bit of it--it was so cool though!

No comments: