Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby Ultrasounds

Back on May 3, 2010, I had my first ultrasound. It was exciting because we would be able to know the gender of the baby! Scott came along with me to this appointment.

My doctor kinda has a history of guessing wrong on the baby's gender. You see, he does the ultrasounds himself right there in his office. I didn't know of his history of miss-guessing until last month when we were getting our taxes done.

My friend Heidi White Jennings does our taxes, and well, while we were meeting with her to finish the taxes up, we of course, talked about the fact that we are having a baby. She started saying something about her doctor, Dr. Dewey, and I said, oh, is Dr. Dewey your doctor too? And she said yes, he is a great doctor--just be careful when he reads your ultrasound. And then I remembered what had happened to Heidi when she had her first baby.

She was told it was a girl all along--and the baby ended up being a boy! Not a big deal, but she had bought all girl stuff and had planned a name, everything for a girl. She did end up having a girl with her second pregnancy and so she could use all of the girl stuff later on.

So, with that little bit of knowledge, we went to the ultrasound appointment not knowing if we could trust what the doctor would tell us!

This is one of the pictures from the first ultrasound. I think they are hard to see! I feel like I'm looking at one of those mystery pictures and I can't see the hidden picture! Anyway, the doctor said he was 90% sure it was a boy!
So, we were 90% sure we were having a boy, but we also knew the doctor's history. Don't get me wrong--I really like my doctor and he is great, he just sometimes makes a mistake like telling you it is a boy when it could be a girl!

Like, I said, when I looked at the ultra sound, I couldn't tell anything. I could see the little spine, but as far as what the gender was, I was clueless.

So, a few weeks later on June 1, 2010, we drove down to Nephi and made a visit to the hospital to see my cousin Shari. She does ultrasounds at the hospital and offered to do another one for us.

This time, maybe because it was almost a month later and the baby was bigger, I could see things a lot more clearly.

I scanned these pictures in, so I hope you can see what Shari labeled for us in each picture:







And of course, the one we wanted to verify for sure:
IT'S A BOY!

No comments: