Thursday, July 25, 2013

July Events & 24th of July

This post is about our activities for the last couple of weeks of July and the 24th of July.  First, on July 19, Kendrick and I went out to lunch with some of the ladies that I work with at Maple Mountain.  We decided to have a get together because one of our fellow teachers, Amber Hall, was leaving for "greener pastures".  She was working on her master's degree and was offered an amazing opportunity to teach at the U of U while finishing up her master's degree and she would be able to work on her PhD.  It was an offer she couldn't, or shouldn't, refuse!
Here we are having a great time at Pizza Factory.  I'll miss working with Amber--we shared the girls PE office.  She is so great to work with.  She is also very supportive of all groups as MMHS and she loved coming to drill performances.  I'll miss her!
This pic is Kendrick and I at Paula's house.  They had a cousin sleep over at their house.  We went out a little bit later because I needed to attend a wedding reception for a former drill team girl.  We didn't stay over, because I had drill the next morning too!  Kendrick is making a face to put on his cup.  I'll post a pic of the finished product later.
 My drill team also had another car wash.
 These pictures are of Kendrick admiring the flowers in the flower garden at the park in Spanish Fork.  During Fiesta Days, we went down to listen to the live music performance in the park and we visited the food vendors for dinner that night.  It was a nice night and we had fun!
 Kendrick had fun running around looking at the flowers.

 He wanted to pick this one!

 On July 24th, the Elleves performed in the Mapleton parade and the Spanish Fork parade.
 This is just before the parade in Mapleton began.  We just finished our team cheer.  I love our hats!  They were so fun to wear for the parades!
 This was taken in Mapleton.
 Team talk before the Spanish Fork parade.
 Group picture with the MMHS cheerleaders too.
 Scott took these pictures of the team during the parade.
 The team looked great!
 Their routine was very fun and upbeat.
 They kept their energy up the entire parade.  Even with those scary storm clouds looming!
 At least it was cooler than usual because of the cloud cover.
 We didn't let that get us down!
We did end up getting rained on a little bit towards the end of the parade.  But nothing too serious.  Then once we got to the end, it started to come down harder.  We were the very last entry in the Spanish Fork parade.  I asked to be put near the end because we are in the Mapleton parade first and then we come over to Spanish Fork.  But this year, we actually had to wait once we got over to Spanish Fork.  I think next year I'll just ask to be put near the end, but we don't need to be very last!

After the parade, we headed down to Levan to spend the rest of the holiday with my family.   Kendrick fell asleep on the way down, so we just stayed at my parent's house and then later that evening we went to the park for the dinner.  After dinner, there was a talent show that we watched.  Then we went to my parent's house to watch the fireworks.  Kendrick loves fireworks this year.  He likes to tell me what color they are.

Another 24th of July was over.  That just means school is just around the corner!  I always have mixed feelings about that! :)

No comments: