Thursday, July 11, 2013

Swim Lessons 2013

Kendrick took swimming lessons again this summer.  He was in the Mom & Me class with Miss Debbie.  He took the same class last year.  This year, he seemed to be a little more scared?  He didn't like going under water at all and he clung to me all the time.  He didn't like to lay on his back either.  He loved to hold onto my shoulders and kick his legs and he would blow bubbles in the water. 
 
I know he is only 2, but I just wondered why he was so excited last year and then this year he seemed to not like it that much.  Miss Debbie just said to be patient and positive.  Keep exposing him to it and next year could be different.  It could also be his ears?  Maybe the water in his ears hurts because of the tubes in his ears?
 
Anyway, on the 2nd to the last day, Miss Debbie takes pictures of the kids and then gives you the prints on the last day.  Here is Kendrick's pictures for this year:
 Kendrick doesn't look too happy.  HA HA 
 This is the underwater pic, but he wasn't too thrilled about doing it!  He didn't get all the way under.  Oh well, there is always next year.
 Strapped in and ready to go.  We had just finished lessons for the day and we were headed to get a treat!
Practicing blowing out the candle--his finger is a candle and he blows on it to practice blowing air out of his mouth.
 
We'll probably do the mom and me class again next summer.  Miss Debbie said he could do that or the Beginning 1 class.  But I think he may need one more year of mom and me.  Yay for me!

No comments: