Friday, November 30, 2012

Busy Last Day of November

On November 30, 2012, I had a lot going on with drill and my dance class.  The drill team had two performances--a girls game at 5 p.m. and a boys game at 7 p.m.  My dance 1 class also had a performance in the dance company Christmas concert that started at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.  This was going to make for an interesting night of running back and forth!
 
The drill team performed their military routine for the first time at halftime of the girls basketball game.  Here are some pics from that performance:
 Shalee Hiskey - I love her intense face!
 Brittney Peterson - this part makes my knees hurt! :)
 Jamie Topham - she is always very sharp in this routine!
 We can't do headstands anymore, so this is our alternative--we call it the teeter totter.
 Sharp and intense!
 With a little smile here and there.
 End pose!  It went well for our first time.
 
After the performance, I went over to the dance studio to help my Dance 1 class prepare for their performance.  I taught them an African or tribal themed routine to the music "I Believe".  I had heard the song while watching the movie "Mirror, Mirror".  I liked the beat and the rhythms and thought it would be something different to use for my class.
 Here is my class--I have one boy in the class.  We borrowed these tops from the drill team and we painted our faces too!
 We had to do a fun/crazy pose!  I thought they performed it well and I hope they had fun.  They will perform it again at the Parent's Night show in January.
 
Right after their performance, I ran back over to the gym to help drill team prepare for their second performance.  They were performing our dance routine for the boys game.  Our new costumes needed a little tweaking.  I felt they were too low in the neckline and some of the moves in the choreography pulled the costume down in the front.  So, we had to add a little bit to the neckline and take the back strap in a bit so it would hold up better.
 
So they are wearing the dance costume from two years ago in these pictures.  This costume looked great with the routine too.  Our new costumes are actually purple and black too!
 Four of the girls in their beginning position.
 Haylie Nelson, Jamie Topham, and Shalee Hiskey.
 Melissa lifting Jamie Topham.
 Shalee Hiskey
Melissa Durtschi
 
Their performance went well too!  Our dance music is called "Kill of the Night".  A different style for us, but it is really fun!  I really like all of our routines this year and I'm excited to see how they do at competition!

No comments: