Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

For Thanksgiving this year we went down to my parent's house in Levan.  My mom hosted Thanksgiving dinner for all of her side of the family.  I took a few pictures of Kendrick just before we left for Levan.
 I found this shirt at Old Navy, and if you know me, I like festive things!  So of course I got it for Kendrick to wear on Thanksgiving.
 He was being a "little turkey" himself when I was trying to take a picture of him. 
This is his third Thanksgiving.  Three years ago, Thanksgiving was the first family event we took him to.  We kept him up in one of the bedrooms at my mom's house.  We had to be careful since he had been sick and because of RSV.
 
Dinner was delicious as always!  I especially loved the sweet potato dish that my sister Emilee made.  It was so good!  It had a coconut topping on top of it.  I loved it!  It tasted more like a dessert, but it was the best!
 
I need to be better about taking pictures of the family each year at family events.  We did take a quick picture of our grand kids.  Here is Emmalee and Jakob--Kaycee and Jason's kids.
Jakob's first Thanksgiving.  He is 7 months old.  Emmalee is 3.  They look so much alike, they could be twins.  They look a lot like their daddy, Jason.

Thanksgiving was great and I loved the break from school.  We went out on Black Friday and got a little start on Christmas.  We didn't go early and get in on any of the craziness--maybe next year!

No comments: