Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cougarette Concert

On Saturday, February 25, 2012, we went to see the Cougarettes in Concert. I usually go every year, but this year I was especially excited to go see the concert because one of my former drill team girls was a Cougarette!

So, my mom, Annie, Paula, and Sophie came along with me. Before the concert, we went to Gloria's Little Italy restaurant to eat. It was good and we had a good time. Sophie was excited to go see the concert, but when Paula told Sophie where they were going tonight, Sophie said to her mom, "But mom, we don't like BYU!" HA HA, as many of you know, most of my family are big Ute fans.

The show was fantastic as always--but it was really fun to have actually coached one of them! I also knew a couple other Cougarettes--one of them had been my team's technique teacher over the summer and another one had helped teach the team their dance routine, and another one is a daughter of a friend/choreographer that I use a lot for drill. Anyway, one of my favorite routines was their new hip hop that they will be competing with at Nationals this year! Savannah was in front most of the time and was in all of the "hard" parts! I was so proud of her! She really did the routine well!

Afterwards we waited for her to come out so we could talk to her and we took a couple of pics.
Me and Savannah--she is so cute and petite!Me, Savannah, her mom-Tana, and her sister-Chloe.The group of us - Annie, Me, Sophie and Paula, my mom, and Emilee
It was a fun night and I'm already looking forward to next year's show!

No comments: