Friday, February 10, 2012

Jackson's Last Home Basketball Game

On Friday, February 10, 2012, we went up to watch Jackson's last home basketball game at Taylorsville High School. Jackson is a senior this year, so it would be his last home basketball game forever!

We went up and met my mom and dad, Annie and her boys, and Joseph, Emilee, and their kids at Noodles and Co. for dinner. Kendrick loved their mac and cheese! We had to go by ourselves because Scott had to work. Kendrick did really good though. He sat on my lap and watched the game. He also had a good time playing and trying to keep up with his cousins.

Before the game started, they recognized the senior players and their parents. There were only two seniors. We made some posters to hold up while Jackson was playing. Jackson definitely had the largest fan section there for the game!

I texted Amanda and asked her why she wasn't at Taylorsville's last home game and that we were there. So she came over with a friend to watch for a bit.
Amanda and Kendrick
It ended up being quite an exciting game! Taylorsville was playing Hunter and it was a close game. Right at the end, it was tied, and Jackson got the ball and he only had a few seconds to make the shot--and he made it! So Taylorsville ended up winning! It was so cool! I was really glad I was there to witness it in person.
I also thought it was so cool to see the support of the students when Taylorsville won. Jackson was surrounded by the fans coming out on the floor to celebrate the win! It was so fun!
We took some pictures after the game. Here are all of Jackson's fans--quite the crowd! It is fun to go and watch and support family members when I can.
All of Jackson's fans!
It was definitely a very fun night and I'm glad that I was able to go!

No comments: