Thursday, April 14, 2011

Celebrating My Dad's Birthday

My dad's birthday is on March 19th. My mom was away to New York City with my aunt Lisa and her drill team. So, on Sunday, March 20th, we all decided to go down and make dinner for my dad and celebrate his birthday with him. My sister Emilee made roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, and Yorkshire pudding. (I think Paula helped her) It was yummy. Then the rest of me and my siblings brought stuff to go with the dinner. Scott and I (well, mainly Scott) made the cake. My dad's favorite is a homemade German Chocolate Cake with the coconut frosting. Scott made the cake and for some reason it didn't rise? Maybe it had to do with the weather? We are not sure. He swears that he followed the recipe. So, I was worried that no one would eat it. So, we made another of my dad's favorite desserts. It is a Banana Pudding dessert with vanilla wafer cookies, pudding, cool whip, and bananas. It was good. The cake was good too. Just looks a little bit flat!
My dad with his cake.


I wish I had the picture that my mom has, or at least it is a picture that I'm remembering from my dad's birthday. We are seated around the dinner table and my dad has a German Chocolate Cake in front of him with several candles on it. I know me and Amy are in the picture--maybe Paula too. I need to get it and scan it in and post it. I just remember always having a German Chocolate Cake on my dad's birthday.

My dad and all of the grand kids that were there. Ryan kept blowing out the candles! :) Annie, Paula, Me, Amy, Dad, Emilee, and Charlie - aka, the drones!
Another shot--we took several, trying to get the best angle! HA HA

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: