Sunday, December 19, 2010

December Fun

I love December--Christmas, Christmas parties, my birthday, Christmas break, Christmas lights, anything festive.

On December 6th, it was the MMHS Faculty/Staff Christmas party. They had an ugly Christmas sweater contest. I looked in my closet and I had two sweaters that I thought definitely fit in the "ugly Christmas sweater" category. Here is a picture of me in the sweater that I wore to the party:
Can you believe that I used to wear this? I thought it was so cute because it was so festive for Christmas. What was I thinking?
I didn't win the contest--I don't even know if they named anyone as the winner. There were several ugly ones. The assistant principal dressed as Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. You know, the white see-through sweater with a black "dickie". It was great!
Then, Tuesday, December 7th was my birthday. It started with my drill team celebrating my birthday with one of the girls bringing delicious orange rolls and juice to practice. The girls also all signed a giant card. I loved reading their messages to me. I'm very grateful for them and how much they care!
That night, we had a basketball game performance and plus Scott had to work. So, later that night after the game and when Scott got off work, we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. My friend Cheri offered to tend Kendrick so we could go out. She is so nice!
Scott and I at dinner for my birthday.
We came home and had cake and ice cream. Scott had made a home made German Chocolate Cake complete with the coconut frosting! I love that kind of cake--especially the frosting.
Then, on December 15th, we had our annual Drill Team Christmas Party. We held the party at Shalee Hiskey's house. She lives in Covered Bridge, which is just up Spanish Fork Canyon. I hadn't ever been there before. It was a fun party. We just ate yummy soups in bread bowls and some salads. We also had some delicious desserts. Then we opened gifts. We drew names so each girl had someone that they gave a gift to.
Here's who was sitting at my table.
The girls at one of the other tables.

Here's another table.
The whole team--just after opening their gifts.
They wear their pajamas and it is just fun to relax and have a good time. No stress of practice, just fun!
Now, I'm looking forward to Christmas break and Christmas itself. It is Kendrick's first Christmas--so my first Christmas with a child of my own. I know he wont really know what is going on, but I'm still excited for it--it will be a lot of fun.

No comments: