Saturday, October 02, 2010

UHSAA Silver Pass

At the end of August, I received this letter from the UHSAA:


I'm a silver pass holder! Because I have coached the same sport for 20 years, I get a silver pass. This means I can get into any UHSAA sport or activity for the rest of my life--as long as I bring my pass.

Wow, I can't believe I have been coaching drill for 20 years! This year is actually my 21st! When I think back, it seems like just yesterday that I started out, only four years older than the seniors on my team! I felt like a kid! Sometimes I still do, until I look in the mirror and see that I am looking older every day. I also know that I am not "cool" any more because I am the same age as my drill team girls parents or older! I remember when I was much younger than all of their parents.

I have lots of great memories from coaching drill and I hope to make a lot more!

No comments: