Saturday, January 23, 2010

Region Preview - 2010

On Wednesday, January 13, 2010, the Elleves had their first annual "Region Preview" night. I decided to hold it one week before Region Drill and invite other dance groups and performing groups in our school to perform in between the Elleve numbers so we could have a "practice" run for Region.

Everything went really well for our first Region Preview night. We ended up having a lot of numbers, but we kept it running non-stop.

Here are some pictures from the night. This first one is of the cute sign that the moms made and hung up in the locker room. They also put crowns with each girl's name on their locker and gave them a treat bag full of fun things.

Thanks to my sister Annie--she came to the Preview and took some awesome pictures that I "stole" from her blog.
Beginning position for Camp Dance:
Another shot of camp dance. We opened with this number and then introduced each member of the Elleves after the performance and gave them a rose.
Our hip hop routine - "Jump Jiggle":
Headstands in hip hop:
Military routine - I really like our military costumes! We look sharp and sophisticated. At all of the competitions we get lots of compliments on them and I have been asked who made them.
Beautiful kicks!
Headstand sequence:
End pose:
Our kick routine this year is "Be Our Guest". It is a crowd pleaser! Everyone loves it--even if our costumes look like bumble bees! (Something we didn't even plan!)
Amazing kicks!

My sister had to leave just after kick routine, so she didn't take any pictures from our dance routine.

I felt the night was a success and we had a large audience there to perform for. It was a great night!

1 comment:

Annie Nielson said...

Your girls looked really good at the Region Preview.

I actually have more pictures--I just didn't post them all. I'll have to get them to you.

Wish I could have stayed to see your dance. I heard it is super good.

P.S. you didn't steal the pictures; you blog-lifted, haha.