Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hollie & Andrew's Wedding

Wednesday, June 11 was the big day for Hollie and Andrew.We woke up early since their sealing was at 9 a.m. in the Salt Lake Temple.  


Scott needed to be there by 7 a.m. because he was a witness. Why 7 a.m.?  We thought the same thing.  Anyway, we were running a little bit late.  We dropped Kendrick off to Amanda at their mom's house.  She would be bringing Kendrick later.

As we are on the way, I realize that I had forgotten my temple recommend!  Are you kidding me? Who does that?  Well, I could now count myself in with "those people".  I was dying.  I called my mom to see where she was, hoping she had not passed Spanish Fork yet, but she had!  Dang!  She said maybe they could call our Bishop or something.  At that point, Scott reaches into his wallet and discovers that he doesn't have his recommend either!  Oh my!  Now he is one of "those people"! Well at least I would have company if they wouldn't let us in!

We called our Bishop and he told us that when we would need to tell them when we arrive at the temple and they would help us out.  They would probably either call the Bishop or the Stake President.  Hopefully they would be able to get a hold of them.

Now we were running late and had forgotten our recommends.  What a morning already! We told them about our situation when we arrived at the temple and they took us over to a small office.  They called our Stake President and he said we had recommends and so we were allowed in the temple!  (whew, lucky for us!)  They waited for Scott and he was able to do what he needed to do as the witness.  Still don't know why we had to be there by 7 a.m.?  

We made it to the sealing and it was beautiful.  The room, however, was somewhat warm.  I guess it is known as the warm room.  
 My mom, Kendrick and I and Scott - waiting for the couple to make their first appearance.
 Jason, Kaycee, Jakob, and Emmalee.
 The new Mr. & Mrs. Gubler!

Now it was time for pictures outside of the temple.  Here are a few of them:
 Andrew's family.
 Hollie's family
Grandparents
 Andrew's parents
 Hollie's mom, Tanya and Ted
 Me and Scott with Hollie and Andrew

 Amanda and Hollie

 Siblings
 Andrew and Hollie


We went to the luncheon after pictures.  It was at a church and was hosted by Andrew's parents.  It was nice.  Afterwards, we went and did a little shopping to kill little bit of time until the reception. We needed to be there early for pictures.
 Scott and I at the reception.
 The family

 Jason, Kaycee, Jakob, and Emmalee
Kendrick wasn't too thrilled for pictures.  But he did look cute in his green bow tie!

The reception was really beautiful.  It was held at a greenhouse/business that doubles as a reception center also.  It was a great day and I'm really excited for Hollie and Andrew as they begin their life together.

No comments: