Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Gearing Up for Region & State

The invitationals are over and that only means one thing in the drill team world . . .Region is just around the corner.  Because of that, we really amp it up and practice, practice, practice.  Breaks from school just mean more practice!  But, it also means some fun too.  After practice on Human Rights day, the team headed to Kneaders for breakfast.
 Some members of the team.
 The team.
I do a countdown to State each year for the team.  I try to tie it into our theme and do fun, little thoughts, etc. each day up until State Drill.  Our theme this year was "Give it all you've got all the time, team work makes the dream work."  A clock was our symbol.  I made a "clock" to count down to State.  Luckily I had a great TA that helped me hang it up and put it all together.  I admit, I could have been a little more creative, but for me, this is pretty good.
The completed clock.
 One of my favorite days is the teamwork day, where I make sugar cookies in different letters and the team has to work together to figure out what it says.
This pic shows the thoughts I read to them each day that corresponded with the treat or thought they received.  It is something I have been doing for a while with my teams.  I love it and look forward to it each year!  I helps them see how close we are getting to the big day!

No comments: