Sunday, December 01, 2013

It's December

It's December!  And thanks to my sister Amy, Kendrick has an advent calendar!  I was probably  more excited than Kendrick! :)

The calendar was similar to the advent calendar that we had as kids when I was growing up.  I had just been thinking that I needed to get something fun for Kendrick to do to count down to Christmas.  I didn't want to start the Elf on the Shelf thing yet and I was planning on looking for a calendar during Thanksgiving weekend.

But, my sister Amy saved the day and brought down some wrapped gifts on Thanksgiving.  I first thought, wow, she is on the ball.  I thought she had already bought and wrapped all of her cousin gifts.  But, they were calendars for me, my sister Annie, and my brother Charlie. 

Here's a picture of Kendrick on December 1.  He gives it a "thumbs up"!
I'm so thankful that Amy did this for us!  It was something I looked forward to as a kid.  In fact, I think we fought over whose turn it was to open it each day and we wanted to be the one to open the "Santa" on December 24.  Such fun memories.  Now Kendrick can have that too!  He just gets to do it all!

1 comment:

Amy Roper said...

I am glad you liked it and was excited about it! I was excited to get them done and delivered so your traditions could begin!