Friday, December 06, 2013

Dance Concert

On December 5 was the annual Christmas Concert for the Dance Company.  My Dance I class performed in the concert.  We did a lyrical/contemporary routine to "Keep the Faith" by Michael Jackson.  It is an old song and I had used it before when I taught at Payson.  I had actually set the original piece on my drill team, so I decided to teach the routine to my Dance I class and they did it!  I changed and updated a few things, but some of the things I thought they wouldn't be able to do, they were able to do!
My Dance I Class - December 2013
I had two boys in my class this semester, which is great, and adds a different dynamic to the class.  But, it can also be a challenge to me choreographically.  

It has been fun to be teaching dance I again.  I have mainly been teaching social dance, but for the past three years now I have been teaching dance I.  It is always a blessing to teach beginners.  I hope to instill in them the love for dance that I have and that they have a fun experience too!

No comments: