Saturday, August 03, 2013

Shane & Whitney's Wedding

On Friday, August 2, 2013, my cousin Shane Blackett and Whitney Penrod were married in the Manti Temple.  Scott and I went to the wedding.  It was a special day and I'm glad we were able to share it with them.
 
I knew Whitney from Payson High School.  She had been one of my students and her sister, Ashlee Penrod, was a member of the Paysetters when I coached there.  So, it was fun to see her family there and talk to them a little bit. 

 Here they are, making their grand exit from the temple to greet family & friends.
 They were both so happy and excited!
 They were all smiles from ear to ear! 
 These pictures are of all of Shane's cousins and spouses that were there.
 It was windy, if you can't tell by our hair!
 Shane's family
 Sibling love!  My cousins Brady, Marci, and Shane.
 More sibling love - my mom, Sandra, and her sisters, Barbara, Lisa, and Judy.
 
After the wedding, we traveled to Mona and went to the wedding luncheon.  It was very nice.  They had Marci tell a little bit about Shane and Ashlee told a little bit about Whitney.  They also had a DVD that they played for us.  We had a good time.  Afterwards, we went to Levan to my parent's house to relax for a bit until the reception.
 
The reception was held in Mona too.  It was at the home of Whitney's sister, Ashlee Jarrett.  They had a nice back yard.  When we pulled up, there was a very long line!  We waited it out though.  Then we had refreshments and visited with family.  I was able to see some more former Paysetters.  
 Britney Stanley, Camille O'Driscoll, and her daughter, Denzli.  Both Britney and Camille are good friends with Whitney.
It was fun to see them and catch up a bit.  Camille's baby is so cute!

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Great to see all the smiling faces in these photos. I love the fact that wedding brings the entire family together and everybody gets to spend quality time with loved ones. I was so happy to meet many of my cousins after a long time last month when we were attending my brother’s wedding at one of the NYC venues last month.