Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Last Days of Summer

Everyone loves summer, but especially for a teacher, summer time is the best time of the year.  Sometimes it goes by so fast!  I only had a few days left of summer.  By this I mean, days that I didn't have to go to work all day. 
 
We decided to do as many fun "summer" things that we could, before we wouldn't be able to any more.  Here's a few pics:
 We went and got a shaved ice one night.  Here's Kendrick patiently waiting for his.
 Not sure what he is doing here?  Maybe pointing up at the sky?
 I was trying to get him to look at the camera, but he kept looking away.
 This was his "cheese" grin.  But again, he was looking away!
 Our shaved ice was huge!  But it was yummy.  The table had holes in it to hold your shaved ice for you. 
 Here's mine - so yummy.  Tiger's blood on one side, pina colada on the other.
 I had ordered this topper of sweetened condensed milk - they had a name for it, but I can't remember.  They had forgotten to put it on, so they came and put it on.  I think it was called a snow cap?  It was pretty good.  We also had ice cream inside the shaved ice.  It was so good.  My ice cream was coconut ice cream.  It was heaven!
 Yummy!
 Kendrick liked his too!
 Afterwards, we drove over to Salem to watch the fireworks.
 They put on a pretty good show.
Kendrick loves to watch fireworks.
 Another thing Kendrick and I had been doing this summer, was going to Gold Gym.  I was trying to work out more, so that meant Kendrick got to go to the Gold's Gym Daycare.  Here he is showing the stamp he got on his hand while he was at the daycare.
 He was pretty proud of it for some reason.
 Luckily for me, Kendrick liked going to the gym.  In fact, he got so he would ask me if we were going to the gym. 
 We got some zinnia seeds from my dad flowers last fall and we planted them by our fence.  It was fun to watch them grow and I couldn't wait to see how they would do.  I thought they looked great.  They filled in a lot more as the summer progressed.
We'll plant some more this year too.  I love flowers!

No comments: