Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Preparing for Region and State

Well, like I said in my last post, I didn't want to let up on practices or working hard.  Region and State were just around the corner, and I wanted to WIN!  Sometimes I hate that I'm so competitive!  I wish I could just be content to do ok, but then, why would I coach a competition team?
 
Anyway, we had extra practices on Saturday and on Monday, January 21 when we didn't have school.  Well, for the Saturday practice on January 19, I don't think I set my alarm.  All I know, is that my phone was ringing at 6:15 a.m. and I saw that it was Madeline Froerer, the secretary of my drill team, and I thought, oh no, I've slept in!  Which I had!  Then I thought, oh no, are they all outside freezing because no one would be there on a Saturday!  But, just my luck, a custodian was there to make sure the walks and parking lots were cleared of snow, so he let them in!  I got up fast and brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes and a hat and headed to the school.  This is the site I walked into:
 Laying in the hallway waiting for me!  I'm just glad it wasn't a school day and that they were able to get inside the school!
 
Well, I had been thinking of taking them something for breakfast that morning, just because we had been working so hard.  But, when I slept in, I said to Scott, we need to make them breakfast this morning!  So, he came over and we made them waffles for breakfast.
 Breakfast for the team--especially when the coach sleeps in!
 They were very excited and happy for breakfast!
 They deserved it too--we had been working hard!
 
Our next practice was on Monday, January 21, Martin Luther Day, so no school that day.  Kneaders had just opened recently in Spanish Fork, so the girls decided to all meet for breakfast after our practice that day.
 Kneaders!  It was pretty busy--the french toast is delicious!
 Another fun breakfast after a great practice!

 I had been doing my annual Region/State countdown.  This year I used keys.  Each day was a new key to help them be successful at Region and State. 
 Teamwork was the key today--they had to work together and figure out what the sugar cookie letters spelled!
They did it!  It spelled MMHS Elleves Unlock Our Potential and Soar at Region!
 
We were ready and Region was in a few days!  

No comments: