Sunday, January 13, 2013

Murray Classic Drill Team Competition

On January 12, 2013 was our last invitational drill team competition, the Murray Classic Drill Team Competition.  It was a big competition and a long day! 
 
The team did good!  We placed 1st in Hip Hop, meaning this routine had won 1st place at every competition this year!  We were 3rd in Military, 3rd in Dance, and 1st in Kick.  When it came time to announce the over all 4A winner, I thought for sure it would be Mountain Crest because they had taken 1st in Military, 1st in Dance, and 2nd in Kick.  But the announcer said, "and the overall 4A winner is, Maple Mountain".  I looked over at the Mountain Crest coach, because she was sitting down a little bit from where I was sitting, and said,"I think they meant Mountain Crest?"  "Do they have the wrong mountain?"  :)  My team was confused too!  I think the audience was a little bit as well.  So the announcer had to let us all know that the award is based on your three highest scores, so we must have had higher scores than Mountain Crest!
 The team with our trophies!
We also had three girls place in the drill down--Bryn Starkey won 4th place, Jourdyn Reid won 1st place, and Shalee Hiskey won 2nd place.
 
We had beaten everyone in our region again.  All of the teams (four of us) from our region competed at the  Murray Classic.  So, I felt confident as our next competition was Region.  But, this is how I had felt last year, so I didn't let up.  We kept working hard and pushing ourselves to the limit!

No comments: