Friday, January 11, 2013

Back to School - New Year

Well, Christmas Break was over.  It was so short this year!  Oh well.  All good things must come to an end right?
 
We only had two weeks left in the first semester.  I sometimes wish the semester ended before Christmas because it is hard to come back and try to "pick up" where we left off.  It would be easier to start fresh, but the schedule doesn't work that way.
 
On January 7, 2013, we had our annual Social Dance Parents Night.  This year I held it in the auditorium just because there were some conflicts with the main gym.  It worked out pretty good.  I like being able to use entrances and exits and the stage lighting. 
 
My classes did great and I had the drill team perform their kick routine.  They looked great too!  I was very proud of my classes. 
 
We ended up having more "b days" than "a days" after the parent night show.  So, my b-day social dance class asked if they could make waffles.  I thought, waffles?  But there was a couple girls willing to plan it out and class members offered to help bring all of the ingredients.  So, I said sure, since that class was having to meet in the cafeteria.
 Making waffles!
The two girls that offered to plan it all and they cooked too!  Their names are Summer and Madison.
 
It ended up being a lot of fun and everyone loved the waffles.  I was glad I gave them the "ok" to do it.  Maybe it will become a tradition--I guess as long as I have students that want to do it and help!

No comments: