Friday, August 31, 2012

Football Performance/Party with Payson Drill

One of MMHS's pre-season football games was with Payson, so we invited their drill team to come perform the BDT camp dance with us at halftime.  They would face their crowd and we would face ours.  Plus, it would be a little change on the camp dance, not really, but it would seem like it, since we had performed the camp dance a lot already!

We had a small party with their team before the game started.  Here we are introducing ourselves to each other.
 Paysetters and Elleves!
 The team I used to coach with the team I currently coach.
 We had an ice cream party!
 Fun times!
 We ask that they sit by girls from the other team, so they can get to know them better!
 After eating ice cream, we went down to the gym and played "Man Overboard"--a favorite game they play at BDT camp.
 It was a lot of fun!
 Pirate - arrrh!
 Monkey in a tree!
 Group picture of both teams.
 Fun pose!

The coaches of the Paysetters are two of my old Paysetters that I coached.  My assistant this year is also a former Paysetter that I coached.  Here we all are:
 Camille, Rachel, Ashley, and me.

 Performance time!
 Jamie Topham
 I love that you can see the Payson girls and my girls - even if it is the back of the Paysetters!  It looked really cool to see both groups performing the same dance.
 Hip hop section - fierce!
 Nice kicks!
The end!

It was a fun party and performance.  We are planning on hosting a party for the Springville drill team when MMHS plays Springville and another party with Salem Hills drill team when MMHS plays Salem.  Should be fun!

No comments: