Sunday, August 19, 2012

Real Soccer Game Halftime Performance

On August 18, 2012, my drill team had the opportunity to perform with several other drill teams at halftime of a Real Soccer Game.  Basic Dance Training, the camp we always attend in the summer, was performing at halftime to celebrate their 10-year anniversary, so they invited drill teams to participate.  I signed my team up, thinking it would be a fun opportunity to perform.  It would be sort of like performing in the Stadium of Fire, but not as much work!  We already learned the routine at camp--we would be performing the BDT camp dance.  Also, there would not be an all day rehearsal!  There was a rehearsal that morning and afternoon - but nothing compared to what Stadium of Fire rehearsals are!

 A few pics of the team at practice in the Rio Tinto Stadium.
 I was very proud of my team that day - our placement was splitting the front center.  I was also proud of their work ethic that day at the rehearsals.
 These pictures aren't the best - but I wanted to take a few to remember this day.
After the rehearsal at Rio Tinto stadium, we had a lunch break.  We went over to the South Towne mall so the girls could relax a little bit and then also get ready for the dress rehearsal that was after lunch.

Scott and Kendrick met me there for lunch.  I wanted to spend a little time with them that day.  We decided not to have them come to the game--I didn't think Kendrick was enjoy it or want to sit still that long.  Plus, it was a hot day and I didn't think it would be fun chasing him around in the heat!
 Getting ready for the dress rehearsal.
 All ready for the show!
 They had us come to the stadium a little bit too early--we had to wait around and it was so hot!
 Shalee, my team president, and the Real Soccer mascot - I don't know what his name is or what he is called?
Here they are - just after the performance.  They did a fantastic job performing!  I was very proud of them and we had a fun day.  They were tired and we all decided to leave after halftime.

I had not ever been to a soccer game--I will say this, I didn't think it was very exciting?  I was falling asleep while waiting for halftime.  One thing I did like--the clock doesn't stop!  It keeps running.  I liked that!

No comments: