Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kendrick's First Swim Lessons

Kendrick and I took a "mom and me" swim class that went from July 9 - 13.  When I signed up for the class, I thought it was a week that I didn't have drill, but it ended up being the same week as the PDC Camp.  This meant that I had to go to drill, get things started there for the camp, change into our swim clothes, and then leave for an hour with Kendrick to go to the swim lesson.  Then, come back and finish out the camp until 4 p.m.  Scott came and picked up Kendrick at 1 p.m., when he got off work. 


Luckily for me, it all worked out!  Kendrick did pretty good at the swim lessons.  He wanted to get in the water right when we got there and didn't want to listen to any of the teacher's instructions before hand.  The teacher gave us bubbles to keep the kids busy while she gave us instructions, but on the first day Kendrick didn't want to listen, he just wanted to jump right in the water!  He was better the next day and he was always good once we got in the water.  I guess I'm glad he didn't get upset when we got into the water!

Here's some pictures we took:
 Ready to go to swim lessons!
 Waiting for the class before ours to finish--Kendrick is ready to jump in!
 Playing games - Scott has Friday off, so he came to watch and take pictures.
 More games - we are in the middle of the picture.
 Practicing kicking.
 Getting out to go down the slide!
 Listening for instructions.
 Having fun!
 Blowing bubbles!
 More bubbles!
These video clips are really short, I had some better ones, but for some reason they would not upload!  I'll keep trying!




Blowing good bye bubbles!
Time to get out!
Enjoying his ice cream treat he got since it was the last day of class.
Ready to go home!

No comments: