Sunday, July 29, 2012

Celebrating Our Anniversary

We decided we would celebrate our anniversary this year by going down to St. George to see Aladdin at the Tuachan Theater.  We went down a weekend early, because my mom was going to watch Kendrick, so that weekend worked best for her.

We headed down to St. George on Thursday, July 26 after Scott got off work.   My mom had stopped by our house and picked up Kendrick.  He was going with her to a party that my sister was having for Jackson.  He was going to open up his mission call letter, so they had a party so everyone could share in the event.  We had already made our plans and got our tickets, etc., so we were going to have to miss the party.

We did get the news on the way down though, that Jackson would be serving in the Tijuana Mission.  Very exciting--he will leave in November.

The first night we just got checked into our room and then went out to dinner.  We didn't go anywhere too fancy--just Red Robin.  I love the burgers and fries there.  Especially the fry sauce!

The next day we got up and went and did a little bit of shopping.  Then we got ready to go to the backstage tour, dinner, and show at Tuachan. 
Scott - posing on the backstage tour.
 Caught in the iron cuffs!  He doesn't look too concerned.  HA HA
 The Genie - this was a float they use in the parades for advertising of the show.
 Scott the Sultan?
Me and Scott

We had a good time at the dinner and show.  The show was so good!  I loved all of the effects, especially the magic carpet.  One fun coincidence - The Maple Mountain Chamber Singers were there for the show as well!  They were on their annual retreat in St. George.  My drill team president, Shalee Hiskey is also a member of the chamber singers, so I saw her there.

One thing that was sad on this trip, is this is where I received the phone call from my mom letting me know that Granny J. had passed away.  I felt bad that I was down in St. George, but there wasn't really anything I could do, and the viewing and funeral was going to be the next week, so everything was fine.  My mom had my brother Charlie watch Kendrick while she was in Nephi helping with details for the funeral, etc.

I still can't believe that Scott and I have been married for seven years!  Wow!  It seems like two or three--time flies when you are having fun!

No comments: