Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Costumes 2008

This year for Halloween I decided to make some good use of my old 80s clothes that I have saved. The idea actually came to me when my sister Paula called me to borrow some 80s clothes for a 80s party she and Casey were going to. So, as I was getting out the old dresses that I had, I decided to try one on and see if it fit. It did, so I came up with the idea to be an 80s couple going to prom. I told my idea to Scott and he decided to do it. We also borrowed a mullet wig from Casey and then went in search of a tux for Scott. We wanted to get a powder blue one, but we couldn't find one in his size, so we opted for the grey one.

My dress isn't really a prom dress--it was a bride's maid dress that I had wore at one of my friend's wedding in the 80s.

My drill team sweater.


Scott is thinking he should grow his hair out like this--what do you think?



Big hair and lots of blue eyeshadow!

The lace gloves are the ones I wore to my Junior Prom.
The rhinestone jewelry I wore to my Senior Ball.

At our ward Halloween Party.
We got a lot of comments on our costumes!


Here we are at the drill team Halloween Party.







3 comments:

Amy Roper said...

You two are looking pretty cool! I really think Scott should wear a mullet all the time! And I think I would wear that dress all the time just to prove that it still fits! That's an accomplishment! Yea, you're right, you have some pretty triangular hair going on and some Cyndi Lauper blue make-up on! That is hilarious!

Paula M. Nielson said...

Sweet! You guys look awesome! I love it! Dang, I wish I would have had that rhinestone jewelry. That is sweet!!!!!

goldmania said...

Love it! yeah Scott, I think maybe you could pull off the mullet. :)