Friday, August 08, 2014

Savannah's Wedding

Savannah Martin's wedding was on Friday, August 8.  Her mom had invited me to the temple ceremony.  She sent me a message on Facebook and told me the time was 10 a.m.  So, I made all of the arrangements for drill and Kendrick and headed up to the ceremony.  It was at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  So, when I get there, I am waiting for the elevator to go up to the sealing room. While waiting, I see Jodi Maxfield, the coach of the Cougarettes, coming down the steps along with another former Cougarette that had been one of Savannah's roommate.  I wondered why they were coming down?  Oh no, had I missed it?  

I get on the elevator and must have had a worried look on my face.  The temple worker asked if I knew where I was going.  I said yes and that I hoped I hadn't missed the wedding I was there for. Right then the elevator doors opened and there was Savannah's uncle that is in my ward.  He says, "Molly, you're late, you just missed it!"  I wanted to cry, I was so confused.  I was sure I had the correct time.  

I went back downstairs and decided to leave because I was sort of embarrassed for some reason.  But I knew her mom had told me 10 a.m.  So, I walked back out to my car.  There was Savannah's uncle again.  He said what happened?  I told him about the Facebook message and that Tana had told me 10 a.m.  He said, "My sister probably got confused with all that she has been doing for the wedding, etc."  Yeah, that's true.  I didn't want to stress her out either, so I just decided to go home.  I could see Savannah at the wedding reception that night.

 This was the post on Instagram that another drill alum posted.  Savannah looked so beautiful!  Her dress was really cute - totally Savannah's style.

 Later that night we went to the reception - It was such a fun reception.  The decorations were so cute.  Her mom had done most of it herself.  So cute.  
 Savannah and Alex
Savannah and me

It is so fun to go to former drill member's weddings.  It is fun to see them growing up and moving on with their lives.  I love that they invite me.  Congratulations Savannah and Alex!

No comments: