Monday, August 04, 2014

Celebrating Emmalee's Birthday Early - at the Zoo

Kaycee invited us to go to the zoo on Monday, August 4.  They were going to celebrate Emmalee's birthday.  Emma's birthday wasn't until later that month, but since there were in town, they were doing something to celebrate it.

Kendrick and I drove up after I got home from drill that morning.  Scott had to work, so he wouldn't be joining us.  We met at the zoo.
 Climbing on the gorilla - Kendrick with Jakob and Emmalee.

It had been years since I had been to the Hogle Zoo.  Some things are the same but some things are different.
 Riding in the elephant's trunk.

Kendrick and I got a kick out of watching the elephants.  There was one that looked like it was dancing.  Kendrick really loved seeing all of the animals.
 We rode the merry go round.


 It was a fun day.  It ended up being really hot.  But we still had a good time.  We were able to see all of the animals that we wanted to see.  It was also fun to spend a little bit of time with Kaycee, Jason, and their kids; Amanda, and Hollie and Andrew.
Kendrick got a drink from this drinking fountain.  It reminds me of the same drinking fountain they had years ago when I went there as a kid.  I need to find the pic my mom has of me by the lion drinking fountain and see if it is the same one.

No comments: