Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturdays in November

Saturdays in November usually mean one thing--extra practices since drill team competitions are a month away!

November 9 was spent practicing and then taking down the decoration from Sadie Hawkins.  Drill sponsors Sadie Hawkins and it was on November 8.
Pic of the team after they finished decorating.  This shot shows the cute balloon columns we got from Partyland.
 
 Close up shot.  

The following Saturday, November 16, we had practice and then followed with a ballet class.
 Beautiful extensions!
 Working hard!
 Attitude.
 Left side--strong side! :)
 The class was taught by Nichole Ortega, who I used to work with at Payson High. 
 She is now an instructor in the dance department at UVU.
 It was an awesome class--she is a very inspiring teacher!
 It was fun to catch up and talk with her for a bit after class.  Sometimes I miss the good old days we had at Payson High!

Right after ballet class, we headed over to BYU to work concessions at the last home BYU football game.  Lucky me, it was a cold game and it started to snow!
 But, I had this fun crew to work with! :)

The next Saturday, November 23, we practiced, of course!  Then we threw a surprise bridal shower for my assistant, Markelle Warner.  She was getting married in December and the team wanted to do something for her to show her we care.  So, the officers and I organized a bridal shower.  

Markelle thought she was coming to practice because I needed to go somewhere.  So, once she got there, I went and had one of the moms help me set up the team room.  Then I went and got the team and told them I wanted to show them a video of their last performance before I had to leave.  So, they hurried down to the team room while I kept Markelle back for a bit.  

Then, when we opened the door to the team room, the girls yelled, Surprise!  Markelle was totally surprised!
 First, we ate--since the girls had been there since 6 a.m. and were a little bit hungry!
 Some of the girls with Markelle.  We all look so cute--ha ha!
 Cute banner, made by Emily Peery.
 Gift table.
 Watching Markelle open up the gifts.
 She received a lot of nice things from the girls.  They were each assigned a room in the house to get a gift for her.
 It was a fun way to end our practice!
We're so happy for Markelle--congratulations!

No comments: