Wednesday, November 06, 2013

All State Drill Team Auditions

On November 6, was the 4A All State Drill Team Auditions.  They were held at Taylorsville High School.  Representing Maple Mountain this year was:  Jamie Topham, Madeline Froerer, and Laney Melton.  They are pictured in that order in the picture below.
There were a lot of girls there to audition.  The 5A schools were also there.  Each school sends their top three dancers to the auditions. 
 All of the participants--I took this with my cell phone, so I could only zoom in so far!  

I felt the competition this year was better than I had seen, at least in 4A.  There were some pretty good dancers there.  But, at the end of the audition, all three of the Maple Mountain girl's numbers were read.  

At first, I didn't think one of my girls' number was called,  For some reason I thought she was a different number than she was.  I looked down at her and thought, well, she's taking this pretty good.  And then she looked up at me and said, "we all three made it!"  Oh, I was so relieved!  I was getting all worked up for nothing, because she had nailed the audition flawlessly!  Really, I'm not just saying that because I'm her coach.  So, when I thought she hadn't made it, I was a little bit concerned.  :)
 They received fun bags for making the team!
An occasion like this calls for celebrating--with ice cream at Cold Stone!

Congratulations to these amazing and talented girls!

No comments: