Friday, March 22, 2013

Surprise Baby Shower for Camille

My Assistant, Camille Montague, was going to have a baby in April.  So, me and my team decided to throw a surprise baby shower for her.  When I was pregnant with Kendrick, my assistant, Marci Hite and the drill team gave me a surprise baby shower and I loved it!  Some of those same girls were still on the team and they remembered giving the shower to me.  So, we used a lot of the same ideas that Marci had used for my shower for this shower for Camille.  Lucky for me, Marci had everything saved and it made things a lot easier!  I also had the whole team help bring things and the officers helped me decorate the night before.

This was the invitation.  I just went for simple ones.

 This is the verse that was on the back of the invitation. 
 
Marci did this same thing for my shower.  So, each girl gave me a book that they had wrote in with their gift.  I loved this!  It is so fun to read the message from the girl when I read the book they gave to Kendrick.  I definitely wanted to do this same thing for Camille and her baby. 
 
I had told Camille that I had a meeting or an appointment that morning and I would need her to come to practice that morning to be with the team while I was gone.  She agreed, and so the team came early so they could get everything in place and we could hide in the dance studio.
 
We had a few girls on watch so we would know when she arrived.  We turned off the lights and hid by the table of food and gifts.  When she walked in we yelled "Surprise!"  She was surprised!
 
We started off with the game of cutting off a piece of yarn big enough to go around Camille's belly.
 Here's some of the girls deciding how much to cut off.
 Comparing their yarn to Camille's.
 Shalee was the winner!
 The gift and food table.
 Emily Peery brought this cute banner.


The next game we played, was a contest to see who could drink apple juice from a bottle the fastest.  We played this game at my shower too, and the team had a lot of fun with this one, so we had to play it again.
 Drinking their bottles!
 Posing with their bottles!
 Haylie Nelson was the fastest!
 We then played a word scramble game with words associated with babies.
 Then a fill in the blanks nursery rhyme game.
 We then ate yummy food that everyone helped bring.
 Time for gifts!
 Camille got a lot of cute things for the baby!
 Each one included a book that they wrote in.

Even a cute cheetah print set.
 
It was a fun time and I'm really glad we did it!  Camille isn't going to be my assistant any more because it will be hard to work it all in with a baby and she has a full time job too!  I'll miss having her as my assistant!  She was great to work with because she is very passionate about dance and drill team!  She was also one of my Paysetters!  She'll be a great mom and I'm so happy for her!

No comments: