Monday, May 31, 2010

Jackson Family Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday, April 3, 2010, was the annual Jackson Family Easter Egg Hunt held at my Aunt Lisa's house. This is where Scott and I planned to make our big announcement to the extended family.

The plan was, to have a "Mystery Egg" in the Easter Egg hunt. Each year every grandchild has an assigned number so that everyone gets the same amount of eggs and it is fun and fair for all the little kids. Well, I think it was my sister Annie who had the idea for us to put an extra egg out or something to represent a "new grand child".

Well, when my mom met with my aunts to fill the eggs with candy and assign the numbers etc. she told them that there was another number this year, but that it was a surprise. All of my aunts started trying to guess who it was. They knew it was someone in my mom's family--but who? They didn't ever think it would be me--just what I thought. No one would think it would be me, which made the plan even more fun! They thought it was Amy for some reason.

Well, on the day of the hunt, I warned Amy that she might get questions when she arrived. And, she did, but she played along with it and didn't give anything away yet.

Here are some of the kids at the start of the hunt:



No one picked up the mystery egg. Well, Scott and I hurried and picked up the eggs with the number on it and the mystery egg. No one really had an idea yet. So, when the hunt was over, me and all my sisters stood at the front and they pretended to hold an egg in their hands and I had the mystery egg in my hands and we each took a turn opening up our hands until they got to me--and I had the mystery egg!

The Mystery Egg!

Everyone was surprised and also happy for us! It was a fun day. Now everyone knows! I went home that day and posted it on Facebook! The Mystery Egg was not a mystery anymore!

Bart providing entertainment for the kids!

It is always fun to meet with the family. I'm so glad that my mom and aunts take the time to put these family events together. Thanks!

No comments: