Thursday, December 24, 2009

Jordan "Beet Classic" Drill Team Competition

On December 19th, the MMHS Elleves Drill Team competed at the Jordan "Beet Classic" Drill Team Competition held at Jordan High School. It was a big competition and there were several very good drill teams there that we were competing against. We were well prepared, but being a new team, you never know what to expect. My girls are trained well, technically, because all of them have taken dance at good dance studios--so they know how to dance! Which makes my job easier--but a different challenge than what I was used to before.

Well, when they announced the results, we were very happy! We took 1st in Dance, 1st in Hip Hop, 4th in Military, and 5th in Kick! We placed in every category that we competed in! There were 6 schools in the hip hop category and 10 schools in the other categories.

Here we are in a circle chanting our team motto. It is from a Black Eyed Peas song about being One Team! One of the girls taught it to the rest of the team. It was fun to chant it all together!
New Year, New Team, Same Dream! Here we are with all of our trophies! Also, one of my girls, Alexus Poulsen, won 4th place in the drill down! She won a medal that she is wearing in the picture.
Our next competition will be on January 9th. It will be a big competition as well. Some teams that we have not competed against will be there--so it will be another challenge for us.

I'm so proud of the team and how hard they have been working. It had been a stressful week and I had been stressed out to the max! My number one goal with this new team was to not "look" like a new team. I think we have been able to make that goal and it has been so unbelievably fun!

1 comment:

goldmania said...

Hey great job!! awesome. I remember how much fun I used to have on the drill team. Wish you would have been our teacher. :) How exciting