Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some MMHS Drill Stuff

This post is about some of the things the drill team has been doing over the past few weeks. First, on August 14th, the MMHS Football Team held their first "Maroon & Gold Game". It is a scrimmage to introduce the team. The Elleves performed. Here they are before the game started:

Just before the performance:
Being silly:

On Saturday, August 15th, the MMHS Cross Country Team held the first annual Golden Eagle 5K. All of the athletic teams at MMHS were put onto teams, so they competed as a team. They also gave awards to individuals as well. Here is the drill team just before the run:
Tuesday, August 18th, was our last day of summer practice. The administration made breakfast for the drill team and cheerleaders. Here are some of the girls and Mr. Alan Ashton, Assistant Principal at MMHS. He made Swedish pancakes for them all! They were so good!
Fun at breakfast!
It was also our last technique class with Cherise Emery. Here is the team with Cherese. We gave her flowers and a cute picture of the team.
I had the team dress in all black that day and I didn't tell then why. They kept saying that we were mourning the last day of summer and that school was starting. But, we were mourning the lost of I Can't. I had them write down all of the things they think or say they can't do.
Then, we went outside and burned the cards that had the I Can'ts written on them.
I Can't no longer exists! Their ashes are in a glass bottle in my office to remind us that I Can't is gone--we will never hear or see I Can't again!

2 comments:

Amy Roper said...

I love the "I can't" activity! I usedto do that the first day of school in 4th grade and we would go outside and bury them. Did the girls love it?

I also like the MMHS colors!

Sandra Mangelson said...

Looks like you are doing great!!

Cute girls!!