Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Last Week of May

So, this post is all about what we did the last week of May. First, on the Sunday before Memorial Day, we went down to Levan to have dinner with my mom and dad. Amy and her family, Annie, Jim, and Ryan were also down. After dinner we went up to the Levan cemetery to put flowers on my grand parents graves.

This is Amy's son Hayden--Levan just put in the new flag pole you can see in the background.


My sister Annie's son, Ryan, checking out the headstones.


My dad and my aunt Nancy.


Amy, Annie, Hayden, and my mom.


Then on Monday, Memorial Day, Scott and I went out to his sister Debbie's house for a barbecue with his family. We stopped in American Fork cemetery to see his mom's grave.


Here is Scott at the front of the headstone.

Here is the back of the headstone.



The rest of that week was my last week as a teacher/coach at Payson High. It was a busy week, even though it was a short week. I was at the school from 1:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. on Thursday packing all of the stuff in my dance office and organizing the drill team costume closets. I went and got new plastic containers to put all of the new costumes in and I also organized it and got rid of some old costumes. I couldn't believe how much stuff I had accumulated over the years! I still have some bins of stuff to go through at home.

Megan King, who was the other dance teacher at Payson High and we shared an office together, was leaving Payson also. Her husband is going to medical school in Las Vegas. Here is a picture of Megan and I on our last day at Payson:

She has been so great to work with! She is going to have a baby in August. It is a boy! She and her husband, Blaine, are super excited--it is their first!

Then, after a weird, sad, kinda emotional day at Payson High, Scott came down and helped me pack up my things and take them over to Maple Mountain. We unloaded everything talked to a few people there and then went home for a minute. I had to get ready because I was having my officer party that night! Talk about ending it all at one school and getting it started at another!

For my drill team officer party, we went up to Zermatt Resort in Midway and had an hors d'oeuvre party, ordered pizza, rode on the carousel, and had a long meeting to plan out our upcoming year. Well, not quite all of the year, but quite a bit. We also set our officer goals for the year and just had a fun time getting to know each other.

Mikel and Haley at the hors d'oeuvre party:


Savannah and I riding the carousel--yes, I rode it! I wasn't planning on it, but the girls got a token for me!
All of us!

On Sunday afternoon, we celebrated Zach's birthday. We went out to their house and had ribs and pulled pork from Casey's cousin, Jeff, who owns a restaurant in Layton called "Holy Smoke". It was really good! We also had yummy cake and ice cream. Here is Zach with his Star Wars cake:

Zach opening his presents:

Sophie holding the "Z" that we gave to Zach. It was actually a "bonus" present I gave him. It was one of the left over letters from my novelty routine at Payson last year. We had made blocks with alphabet letters on them for our "Little Girls" novelty routine. When cleaning, I found the letter and decided to give it to Zach, especially since he gets called "Z".

1 comment:

abo said...

congratulation... great family...