Friday, June 05, 2009

1990 - 2009 PHS Paysetter Teams

This post is for me. I have been going through all my old Paysetter files and scrapbooks, so I decided to do a post of all the teams I have coached over the past 19 years. I like to see how the hair styles and costumes changed. So, here we go:

PHS Paysetters 1990-91
My first team!
PHS Paysetters 1991-92
(only team picture I could find!)
PHS Paysetters 1992-93


PHS Paysetters 1993-94
(the year of the bright green dress!)

PHS Paysetters 1994-95
We won 1st place in Prop at Region that year--fabric and black stairs.

PHS Paysetters 1995-96
We had a really technical dance--I used an outside choreographer for the first time.
PHS Paysetters 1996-97
New military tops that could also be worn over the dress from the previous year.
PHS Paysetters 1997-98
Our dance costumes--"Feel Mighty Real", choreographed by Janalyn Memmott. We were starting to be really competitive and people noticed us!
PHS Paysetters 1998-99
Our dance costumes--"Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves", I loved that routine!

PHS Paysetters 1999-00
Our dance costumes for "Kiss The Rain"--we beat Lone Peak in Dance that year! Of course they were a fairly new school and we couldn't beat Timpview & Pleasant Grove though!

PHS Paysetters 2000-01
New military tops.

And we used the green army man idea again for Novelty--this time it was Toy Story 2. Complete with Woody and Jessie this time!
PHS Paysetters 2001-02
New green velvet dance costumes for our dance "Missionary Man".

Our Novelty was a Jungle theme routine complete with monkeys and vines that came to life!
PHS Paysetters 2002-03

PHS Paysetters 2003-04
Green dance costumes for our dance "Devil Inside".
This was our outdoor shot. I liked our black shirts that year.

PHS Paysetters 2004-05
Costumes from our 1st place prop routine with piano benches and umbrellas. Also the first year we won Region!

PHS Paysetters 2005-06
Costumes from our dance routine, "Look at Me". It was a fun, sassy dance choreographed by Brianna Hafen. We wore the black hats as well.


PHS Paysetters 2006-07
Costumes from our prop routine, "My Sharona", (a techno-upbeat version).

Our outdoor shot that year. I liked the location by the water.

PHS Paysetters 2007-08
Costumes from our dance routine, "Rock You Senseless". Second time we took Region!

Same year, different shot!
PHS Paysetters 2008-09
Our dance costumes for "Look at all the People". 3rd year we took Region!Same team, different shot!

I really have enjoyed my years at Payson! I had some really great times there. We accomplished a lot.
Now I'm starting over with a new school and a new team. It is going to be a big change. But I'm looking forward to it. New challenges and new goals to meet!

3 comments:

Sandra Mangelson said...

You have had some great costumes, great routines and great teams. Most of all you have some great memories with some great young women.
You will do the same at Maple Mountain. Best of luck!

Jaron and Michelle said...

Molly it is crazy to see all the pictures!! It brings back a lot of memories for me! I can't imagine how many more for you!! Good luck at Maple Mountain!!

Bree said...

HI! I found your blog accidentally on google... so coincidental! Anyway, I loved looking at all these fun shots. I miss choreographing for our girls- it was always a treat for me. Anyway, good luck, and I hope you found a great song!

Bree Hafen