Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Long time, no post

It has been a while since my last post. I have been sick with a cold/flu virus. Literally the entire month of February. I started getting sick on the day of State Drill (January 30th). It then kicked into gear on Monday. Luckily that first week of February is UBST testing at school. Only the sophomores come to school at regular time for testing, the juniors and seniors don't come until 10 a.m. Those days I called in late--almost didn't go to school. I didn't have a testing group, so I just arrived at school in time to teach my classes and then I came home and slept. That first weekend of February, I stayed in bed the whole weekend. Then it turned into a head cold and cough. Right now, the cold/cough is almost gone. I had to leave church early on Sunday because I had this cough attack and could not stop coughing!

Well, besides being sick, here are a few of the things that have been going on.

On Friday, February 13th, the Paysetters performed at halftime of the boys basketball game. It was the last performance at home for the 2008-09 Paysetters. They performed a hip hop routine that we had performed for homecoming during football season. Here they are folding their bandannas so they would all look the same.
They had a lot of fun performing that night. It is always nice just to perform and not have the pressure of competition. All of the girls performed that night, (except one that went out of town with her family) and it was fun to see them all perform together. I did get told that they shouldn't have been wearing bandannas--you know, they are "gang" paraphernalia. I knew that, but they talked me into it. Oh well--we won't wear them any more.

Payson does have one more home game on February 26th, but that is senior night, so only my seniors will be performing.




No comments: