Friday, December 26, 2008

Last week of school - before Christmas Break

The last week of school before Christmas break was a nice and easy week--at least as far as drill team is concerned. No competitions! The team performed their prop routine at halftime of a girls basketball game on Tuesday, December 16th. This is a picture of the team in their prop costumes.
On Wednesday, December 17th, Scott and I went to his work party. It was held at Noah's in South Jordan. We played wallyball, pool, some old-school video games, and some people played racketball. We ate food from Joe Morley's Barbecue. It was a fun time!

On Friday, December 19th, I took half of the day off from school and went to see my cousin Marci and her husband Cody have their daughter Savannah sealed to them in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was a special event and I'm glad that I was able to witness it.

We all went to lunch afterwards at Los Hermanos in Lindon. (It was Savannah's request.) While sitting there, the snow started to fall and it got heavier and heavier. I decided to leave right after we ate because I had to get home and change clothes and go back down to Payson that night for a basketball game.

I decided to call the school and see if the game had been cancelled because the snow was really coming down. It took me about an hour to get from Lindon to our house in Provo! Everyone was driving really slow and it was really slick!

Well, the game didn't get cancelled--so I drove down to Payson. The roads were actually fine once I got past Spanish Fork. But, the team that Payson was playing (West Jordan) wasn't there yet, so the game started late.

Anyway, the drill team was so excited to perform their "Christmas" dance. We just put the camp dance that they had learned this past summer and set it to some Christmas music and then got out some old costumes that had a little bit of red in them and some Santa hats. They were so excited to perform! I'm glad that they were able to have so much fun and because some of the girls who don't ever get to perform got the chance to perform. So that made it all worthwhile! Here they are showing their Christmas spirit:

They even added some "Christmas" vocals to the dance by shouting "Merry Christmas" and "Ho, Ho" during the routine. The small crowd that was there loved it.

1 comment:

Amy Roper said...

That's good that you went to the temple. I was bummed that I could not go. Reading about the Paysetter's Christmas Routine made me think about the annual flashlight routine! That was always lots of fun!