Friday, December 26, 2008

Jackson Family Christmas Party

On Saturday, December 20th was the annual Jackson Family Christmas Party. The whole family meets together for yummy food and fun. My aunt Barbara (my mom's sister) plans the whole event. Her daughter Jakoye also helps. We all help by bringing different food items.
Here I am holding my nephew Ryan:

Here we are playing Bingo:

Scott and I enjoying the fun!

After the Bingo game, we play the gift exchange game. Everyone brings a $10 gift and we put them in the middle. Then, we pass two sets of dice around the circle. When you roll doubles, you can pick a present to open. We continue until everyone has a gift. You can also trade gifts with someone to get something that someone else opened that you like better.


Here we are with the gifts that we had at one point in the game:

Pretty decent gifts--there is a cooler under Amanda's feet, I have a cute plaid fleece blanket and Hollie has another fleece blanket. I think Scott didn't have a gift yet. But, little did he know--

He was going to end up with the best gift ever! He ended up with the rooster! My uncle Morris Blackett opened it originally, but then he traded Scott for some tie downs.


Here is Scott with the coveted "rooster":

Watch for it at next year's party!


Hollie ended up with the plaid blanket. She loves it--I think she wanted to take it with her to church the next day--but she left it in the truck.
The party was a lot of fun and we all appreciate the time and effort that my aunt Barbara puts into the event. We are already looking forward to another great party next year.




1 comment:

Amy Roper said...

I'm so jealous of the rooster!